torsdag 18. desember 2008

Dustland Fairytale.....Killers <3





A dustland fairytale beginning 
Just another white trash county kiss 
Sixty one, long Brown hair, and foolish eyes
He looked just like you'd want him too 
some kind of slick chrome American prince.. 
A blue jean serenade 
The Moon river 
What you do to me? 
But I don't believe you 


Saw Cinderella in a party dress 
but she was looking for a nightgown 
I saw the devil wrapping up his hands 
He's getting ready for the show down 
I saw the minute that I turned away 
I got my money on a pond tonight 


Change came in disguise of revelation 
Set his soul on fire 
She said she always knew he'd come around 
And the decades disappear 
like sinking ships we persevere 
God gives us hope but we still fear 
We don't know 
The mind is poison 
castles in the sky 
Sit stranded, vandalized 
The draw bridge is closing 


Saw Cinderella in a party dress but 
She was looking for a nightgown 
I saw the devil wrapping up his hands 
he's getting ready for the show down 
I saw the ending when they turned the page 
I threw my money and I ran away 
Straight to the valley of the great divide 


Out where the dreams roll high 
And where the wind dont blow 
Out here the good girls die 
And the sky won't snow 
Out here the bird don't sing 
Out here the field don't grow 
Out here the bell don't ring 
Out here the bell don't ring 
Out here the good girls die 


Now Cinderella don't you go to sleep 
It's such a bitter form of refuge 
Ah, don't you know the kingdom's under siege 
And everybody needs you 
Is there still magic in the midnight sun? 
Or did you leave it back in sixty-one? 
In the cadence of the young man's eyes 
Out where the dreams roll high

Ingen kommentarer: